-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Groundhogs!

Daisy and I were walked at Peter's Canyon on Monday and she was very distracted and kept turning around. One of the times we stopped I turned around and looked with her, didn't see anything, so started to walk again. Then my eagle eyes spied a little animal by the side of the trail. Daisy is a little less observant and didn't have a clue, but I thought it was a bird. Upon further inspection I realized that it was a groundhog poking it's head out of it's hole! So I took a step closer and he hid back down and we walked on. I turned back to look after we had passed and he popped his head back up and was watching us. I have never actually seen a groundhog peeking out of his hole before, so I thought that was cool enough. But then I saw ANOTHER one a few feet later! No wonder Daisy was paranoid, the groundhogs were watching...



I didn't get a picture, but this person did...
www.flickr.com/photos/9511470@N06/2488019875

No comments: