-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Today is Your Quit Day! project

Both of my grandparents, who meant the world to me, passed away from smoking-related diseases. They started this addiction at a time when people really didn’t know or understand just how bad smoking was for you. Now we have that knowledge and there is no reason for people or their families to go through the same things that my family and I went through as my grandparents’ health deteriorated.

And so this project was born in July 2009. The goal of the Today is Your Quit Day project is to inspire and support smokers to quit smoking. For good. I want to make an impact on the world around me. I’m committed to a smoke-free world for children who don’t have a choice when their parents smoke, and for adults who do have a choice but don’t know how to act on it.

We are currently working with yoga studios to create events in which people can come toss their cigarettes and try a yoga class for free. Yoga is one of the best destressors that I have found, and this is a great way to share that with others.





For more info., check out the website,
www.yourquitday.com, (which could really use some fixing up if anyone is good with website development), follow us on twitter @yourquitday, or look us up on Facebook!

No comments: