-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, December 19, 2008

Yoga with Steve Ross

Monika and I traveled to Brentwood yesterday for some yoga with well-known yogi, Steve Ross (he is/was on the Inhale on the oxygen network, and apparently celebrities go to his classes). Monika had been there before and loved it, so I figured I'd give it a go. Even though I checked out the studio's website, I still didn't quite know what to expect. We got there with plenty of time to spare, so we walked around the shopping center a little and then heard a scary rumor that Steve wasn't going to be there! We tried really hard not to get bummed out even though we'd traveled 45 minutes to take this class. So we waited...and waited...the room really started to fill up (with no recognizable celebrities) and then Monika says, "he's here!" and I look and sure enough, there's the Happy Yogi himself, all smiley and, well, happy. He walks in and says hi to people as he goes and connects his ipod. Then Chris Brown or 50 cent or somebody starts playing on the speakers and Steve starts the class, shouting commands over the music. And such was the entire class. It was definitely fun, but definitely not the type of yoga that I could do all the time. Sometimes I like to be able to think about the postures and things that I'm doing while I'm practicing yoga. I will say the hour and a half flew by! Before I knew it we were in floor postures and finally savasana. It was one of my best savasanas ever. I almost opened my eyes one time to see if anyone lese was still in the room. It was amazing. I'm definitely going to go back for another one of his classes sometime soon! Oh and the level 2/3 was perfect for me - it was more intermediate, less advanced than I expected, so besides already being a little sore from yoga with Paul the day before, it was just right. Now I have to try for day 3 in a row of yoga being all sore followed by a weekend of climbing...I'm hoping it will just work itself out :)

No comments: