-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, January 18, 2008

Why I am involved with Team in Training

I had my fundraiser at Rubio's last night and it went well. I raised about $50, which isn't a large amount, but it's 50 more dollars than I had before!
Anyway, Eric and I went down there and had dinner right before the fundraiser ended at 8. I was getting ready to take the tip jar when a woman and her daughter came in to participate in the fundraiser and buy dinner. We got to talking about why I was involved with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and Team in Training and she asked me if I had any family members or anyone affected by Leukemia. I told her that luckily, no. She went on to tell me that her daughter was a survivor and thanked me. We wrapped up the convo and I was a little choked up as I walked out... it's the same as when I ran the San Diego Rock N Roll marathon and people held up signs saying "Thank you TNT", "I'm a survivor", and "You saved my life". It's amazing to see the money that I raise really does help people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's a damn good reason why you're involved with tnt. it's amazing to see how this program has grown over the years and its model has been emulated.

good luck in meeting your fundraising goal!