-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, December 13, 2007

What a nightmare!

It all started yesterday when I got back from my run. I looked in the kitchen and there was a couple big puddles of water. So I try to sop it up with paper towels, but it wasn't working so I was a little irritated that I was going to have to go out and buy a mop. Little did I know, it was the beginning of a HUGE mess. I went in the bathroom and the floor was covered in water. Maintenance was all, oh it's just a leak a couple townhouses down, no problem. Ha. Fast forward a couple hours and their jackhammering away in my neighbors house. Daisy is going nuts, but I had just finished yoga so I was luckily in a calmer state of mind. Then they come knocking on my door. They think the leak is under our apt. We now have 3 huge holes in our kitchen floor, mud everywhere, and cement dust on everything. Lovely. And we got to stay cooped up in the bedroom most of the day into the night. Fast forward again to this morning when I go downstairs. I step on the carpet and an inch of water squishes up. So now I'm waiting for someone to call me (with the sound of more jackhammering a couple houses down) to discuss what we're going to do because we're not staying here. Daisy is spending the night at doggie day care thankfully, but oh yeah Eric's parents are going to be here in about an hour. Great timing. The only good thing I can say is that (so far) nothing has been ruined besides the carpet they're replacing (knock on wood).
I don't think you can quite get how trashed our apartment is without pictures, so here are some that we took, just in case we ever need them...



The water this morning



The holes filled with water in our kitchen

1 comment:

Jessica DeLine said...

yikes! That looks like a nightmare!!