-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, December 10, 2007

What's worse - wind or rain???

Friday night Eric and I went to his work's Christmas party, so I was super tired Saturday morning. I went to turn in my paperwork for Team in Training (now I'm officially registered for the LA Marathon), but I didn't have time to run my 7 miles because I had the Big Brother Big Sister Holiday Party on Saturday morning as well. After all that excitement I was really tired and decided to take a nap before running. I woke up and it was raining. Yes raining in Southern California! It wasn't supposed to rain on Sunday, so I figured I'd try my luck the next day. Around 3:30 on Sunday I headed out for my 7 mile run. I think that wind is worse than rain. I was running on the Santa Ana River Trail and had to cut out to the road because the wind was so bad! I felt like I was running a 9-9:30 pace, but when I looked at my Garmin I was running an 11:30! It was like running in slow motion and it sucked. So I ended up running around on the road and then finishing with a couple miles on the trail before heading home. Overall, I felt good. My legs and knees started to get tired, but no pain.
This morning I tried Anusara yoga and I think I'm hooked :)

No comments: